Ricondo & Associates, Inc. (R&A) is a full-service aviation consulting firm that has a team of more than 150 employees worldwide. Our technical consulting, advisory, and project management services encompass airport facilities planning, airport master planning, environmental planning, feasibility studies, financial analyses, airfield and airspace analyses, and airport development programs, either on a project basis or as part of on-call consulting services.
R&A is headquartered in Chicago and has 10 additional U.S. offices (Atlanta, Cincinnati, Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Honolulu, Miami, Orlando, Phoenix, Southern California, and Washington, D.C.), as well as two international offices (Abu Dhabi and London).
As we continue to expand our global portfolio and deliver exceptional client services, we are seeking a Managing Consultant with a blend of technical and business expertise to become part of our successful organization.
The Managing Consultant is responsible for providing advanced level technical expertise and project management in the execution, development, and implementation of airport planning programs, projects, and studies. This will include a broad range of airport landside facilities such as roadways, curbsides, parking, rail, commercial ground facilities and support facilities. Additionally, Managing Consultants provide supervision, training and direction to other professional and technical staff.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, transportation or aviation engineering or planning.
- Minimum of five to ten years of experience in aviation or transportation planning.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Experience in traffic engineering and highway design software such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, InfraWorks 360, Vissim, Vistro, and Synchro a benefit.
- Ability to express ideas and information, clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Excellent and proven project management experience.
- Experience directing, training and/or managing professional planning staff.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-client environment.
- Willingness to travel to support Ricondo’s global project portfolio.
- Performing project management, preparing scopes of work and project budgets
- Develops overall project assignment approach/plan including analysis methodology with client/task leader.
- Defines problems and coordinates with client/task leader
- Reviews and coordinates technical progress of junior team members performing capacity analysis, requirements for airport facilities, alternatives development, layout plans and CAD support.
- Formulates preliminary conclusions and recommendations on airport planning studies
- Reviews, interprets and presents research data for airport planning studies.
- Prepares complete reports and deliverables documenting analyses and addressing verbal and written comments provided by others.
- Prepares and participates in client presentations, and technical proposals.
- Provides technical assistance and written recommendations for a range of airport planning studies.
- Promptly and accurately responds to requests for data and information from internal staff and external clients, organizations, various agencies, and the public.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Previous airport planning experience is preferred but not a requirement.
- Master’s degree in engineering, planning, business or aviation management.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices, methods, and principles utilized in strategic planning, infrastructure and facilities planning, and operational research for airports.
- Experience effectively working with senior executives and staff at client organizations.
We offer an extremely competitive benefits package with no out-of-pocket premium costs to the employee, as well as a generous paid time-off program, and 401(K) company-match to eligible employees.
Ricondo & Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Position No. 2017-25