Ricondo & Associates, Inc. (R&A) is a full-service aviation consulting firm that has a team of more than 150 employees worldwide. Our technical consulting, advisory, and project management services encompass airport facilities planning, airport master planning, environmental planning, feasibility studies, financial analyses, airfield and airspace analyses, and airport development programs, either on a project basis or as part of on-call consulting services.
R&A is headquartered in Chicago and has 10 additional U.S. offices (Atlanta, Cincinnati, Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Honolulu, Miami, Orlando, Phoenix, Southern California, and Washington, D.C.), as well as two international offices (Abu Dhabi and London).
As we continue to expand our global portfolio and deliver exceptional client services, we are seeking a Director with a blend of technical and business expertise to become part of our successful organization, based full time in Dallas, Texas. Financial relocation assistance to support the full time presence in Dallas will be included as part of the compensation package. Joining our elite team of aviation consultants provides opportunities for individuals to assist the largest and fastest-growing airports, and positions them for facing and solving the greatest challenging issues facing the world’s busiest and most complex airport.
The Director is responsible for planning, directing, managing, or coordinating extensive and complex airport programs, projects, and studies. This position provides high level technical expertise and reports to a Vice President or above.
- Performs project management, prepares scopes of work, and project budgets.
- Provides technical expertise and leadership on project assignments.
- Serves as a trusted advisor for clients.
- Develops and reviews overall project assignment approach/plan with client.
- Identifies staff required to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Provides supervision, training and direction to other professional and technical staff.
- Develops and reviews analysis methodology, task techniques and plan with client.
- Defines problems and coordinates directly with client.
- Formulates preliminary conclusions and recommendations on other assignments.
- Reviews and coordinates technical progress of junior team members.
- Develops final report outline and prepares complete reports and deliverables.
- Prepares and participates in client presentations, and technical proposals.
- Provides advice, technical assistance and written recommendations on airport planning studies.
- Participates in development of proposals, marketing/business objectives and strategy, and attends conferences.
- Directs proposal efforts, reviews/critiques technical approach and staff assigned.
- Contributes to the development of the overall business plan and marketing strategies.
- Serves a mentor and role model for junior staff.
- Develops personal and staff potential while continually improving ability to serve clients.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Aviation Planning, Aviation Management, Architecture, Engineering or a planning related field and a minimum 15 years of professional planning experience, with at least five (5) years in a leadership, supervisory, or management role.A Master's degree in Business Administration, Aviation Planning, Aviation Management, Engineering or Architecture is preferred.
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, from references or prior work.
- Creative, problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge of the general airport facility planning methods, practices, and principles.
- Extensive knowledge of research techniques, sources of current aviation industry information, and statistical methods.
- Extensive knowledge of computer applications pertaining to planning functions including statistical, spreadsheet, database and graphic programs.
- Ability to apply advance professional knowledge of the principles of management, business, marketing and administration in directing, supervising, and coordinating large and complex planning projects.
We offer an extremely competitive benefits package with no out-of-pocket premium cost to the employee, as well as a generous paid time-off program, and 401(K) company match to eligible employees.
Ricondo & Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.