Ricondo & Associates, Inc. (R&A) is a full-service aviation consulting firm that has a team of more than 150 employees worldwide. Our technical consulting and project management services encompass airport facilities planning, airport master planning, environmental planning, feasibility studies, transaction support, airfield and airspace analyses, and airport development programs, either on a project basis or as part of on-call consulting services.
R&A is headquartered in Chicago and has 10 additional U.S. offices (Atlanta, Cincinnati, Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Honolulu, Miami, Orlando, Phoenix, Southern California, and Washington, D.C.), as well as two international offices (Abu Dhabi and London).
As we continue to expand our global portfolio and deliver exceptional client services, we are seeking a Proposal Production & Technical Editing Specialist with exceptional administrative and organizational skills to become part of our successful organization.
The Proposal Production & Technical Editing Specialist is responsible for all aspects of quality control; including formatting, editing, reviewing, cross referencing, and tabulation of materials associated with the development and production of client deliverables, reports, marketing proposals, marketing materials, articles, and other corporate materials on behalf of the Firm.
- Write, format, edit, research technical data for use in client deliverables, reports, marketing materials, articles, and other corporate materials on behalf of the firm; check for consistency, compliance with document formatting standards, grammar, spelling, and overall readability.
- Responsible for production, distribution, and coordination of vendors for client proposals, statements of qualifications, graphic assignments, and client deliverables.
- Ensure the completion of all required paperwork, records, and documents for marketing efforts.
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, and presentations with an approach to aesthetic presentation and accuracy in content.
- Assist with document production including formatting and assemblage of reports and collateral material.Ensure documentation meets Firm guidelines or client standards/specifications in terms of quality, consistency, graphics, format, grammar, and style.
- Assist with the translation of U.S. materials to British-English.
- Assist in developing visual communications materials for technical documents.
- Assist with the continued development of style guidelines and standards for Firm’s Documentation Guide.
- Prioritize, schedule work assignments, and bill work appropriately to client.
- Performs related work or special projects as assigned.
- Will hold a degree or professional institution qualification (relevant to position).
- Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in technical writing, legal writing or related field.
- Will hold precise, comprehensive and technically accurate written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent command of written language and the ability to write to a high standard under deadline.
- Will be able to demonstrate experience working in an editorial role, with quality assurance experience.
- Proven ability to interpret and offer guidance on complex issues and edit technical information.
- Ability to distil and convey complex concepts and processes correctly and precisely in an easily understandable way.
- Ability to assist in developing visual communications for technical documents and presentations.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple editing and production projects at one time and deliver work in a consistent and timely manner.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff internationally with various offices and team members.
- Expert level of computer literacy and comfort with complex software (i.e. Microsoft Office Applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience with Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent time keeping and ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- A deep knowledge of and experience in engineering or other technical related field is highly desirable.
- Ability to work effectively and cohesively with staff located in the U.S. and the Middle East.
APPROACH TO WORK
- You are self-disciplined, team-goal oriented, and comfortable working to regular deadlines with minimal instruction.
- You enjoy learning new things and sharing your knowledge with others.
- You are diplomatic but persistent when working with subject matter experts.
- You are dedicated to completing projects and willing to go the extra mile when needed.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
Resumes must be submitted in Microsoft Word format to be considered.