Ricondo & Associates, Inc. (R&A) is a full-service aviation consulting firm that has a team of more than 150 employees worldwide. Our technical consulting and project management services encompass airport facilities planning, airport master planning, environmental planning, feasibility studies, financial analyses, airfield and airspace analyses, and airport development programs, either on a project basis or as part of on-call consulting services.
R&A is headquartered in Chicago and has 10 additional U.S. offices (Atlanta, Cincinnati, Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Honolulu, Miami, Orlando, Phoenix, Southern California, and Washington, D.C.), as well as two international offices (Abu Dhabi and London).
As we continue to expand our global portfolio and deliver exceptional client services, we are seeking a Consultant/Senior Consultant with a blend of technical and business expertise to become part of our successful organization. Joining our elite team of aviation consultants provides opportunities for individuals to assist the largest and fastest-growing airports.
The Consultant/Senior Consultant is responsible for performing facility planning analyses for airport clients including master planning, airfield and airspace planning, and terminal planning Role will include supervision, training and direction to subordinate staff.
- Prepares airport master plans including the development of airfield, passenger terminal, air cargo, and support facility alternatives.
- Leads the development of Airport Layout Plan (ALP) drawing set.
- Evaluates airline flight schedules, peak hour demand profiles, and gate utilization.
- Performs detailed spreadsheet analyses in support of various airport planning studies.
- Develops reports, presentations, and other deliverables presenting the results of technical analyses.
- Assesses future airfield, landside, and terminal facility requirements.
- Develops conceptual plans using AutoCAD.
- Performs project management, prepares scopes of work, and project budgets.
- Develops overall project assignment approach/plan with client/task leader.
- Identifies staff required to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Develops analysis methodology, task techniques and plan with client/task leader.
- Defines problems and coordinates with client/task leader.
- Formulates preliminary conclusions and recommendations on other assignments.
- Reviews and coordinates technical progress of junior team members.
- Participates in client presentations, and technical proposals.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for aviation consulting, such as civil engineering, airport planning/design, transportation engineering, airport management, business administration or aviation management, mathematics.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with demonstrated increasing responsibility in airport consulting, management consulting or related field.
- Possesses a familiarity with the airline/airport industry and desire to learn and grow in the aviation industry.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communications skills.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of various aviation databases, including FAA ASPM, ANOMS, and similar.
- Ability to work in a high-demand, fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel to support R&A’s global project portfolio.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Master’s degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for aviation consulting, such as civil engineering, airport planning/design, transportation engineering, airport management, business administration or aviation management, mathematics.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices, methods, and principles utilized in airport planning including FAA policies, regulations, and airport planning standards.
- Knowledge of simulation models, such as TAAM, SIMMOD, CAST, INM, other airport capacity and delay models.
- Experience with GIS.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Extensive knowledge of analytical techniques and related tools including statistical, spreadsheet, and databases.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with senior executives and staff at client organizations.
We offer an extremely competitive benefits package with no out-of-pocket premium cost to the employee, as well a generous Paid Time-off Program and 401(K) Company Match to qualified employees.
Relocation assistance may be provided.
Ricondo & Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.