Ricondo & Associates, Inc. (R&A) is a full-service aviation consulting firm that has a team of more than 150 employees worldwide. Our technical consulting and project management services encompass airport facilities planning, airport master planning, environmental planning, feasibility studies, financial analyses, airfield and airspace analyses, and airport development programs, either on a project basis or as part of on-call consulting services.
R&A is headquartered in Chicago and has 10 additional U.S. offices (Atlanta, Cincinnati, Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Honolulu, Miami, Orlando, Phoenix, Southern California, and Washington, D.C.), as well as two international offices (Abu Dhabi and London).
As we continue to expand our global portfolio and deliver exceptional client services, we are seeking a Senior Consultant with a blend of technical and business expertise to become part of our successful organization. Joining our elite team of aviation consultants provides opportunities for individuals to assist the largest and fastest-growing airports.
The Senior Consultant is responsible for performing technical studies and analyses related to airport facilities planning with an emphasis on ground transportation, parking facilities, terminals, and airport support facilities. Role will include training and direction to subordinate staff.
- Capacity analysis and requirements for ground airport facilities, alternatives development, layout plans and CAD support.
- Conducts field surveys, investigations, and collects data in support of airport planning studies.
- Consults with fellow employees and senior staff concerning the compilation, interpretation, and presentation of research data for airport planning studies.
- Prepares draft sections of reports and deliverables based on verbal and written inputs from others as well as individual efforts.
- Assists in developing, formatting, publishing, and distributing tables, charts, manuals, and maps that deal with existing and proposed airport planning studies.
- Provides advice, technical assistance, and written recommendations on airport planning studies.
- Develops and maintains electronic data sets, files, runs and troubleshoots existing programs.
- Responds to requests for data and information from internal staff and external clients, organizations, various agencies, and the public.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for aviation consulting, such as Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Aviation Management.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of increasingly responsible experience in airport facilities planning or related field.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communications skills.
- Experience or interest in traffic engineering and highway design, including capabilities using software such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, InfraWorks 360, Vissim, Visto, and Synchro.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Willingness to travel to support R&A's global project portfolio.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Master’s degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for aviation consulting, such as Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Aviation Management.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices, methods, and principles utilized in strategic planning, infrastructure and facilities planning, and operational research for airports.
- Ability to apply advanced professional knowledge of the principles of management, business, marketing and administration in directing, supervising, and coordinating large and complex airport planning projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with senior executives and staff at client organizations.
We offer an extremely competitive benefits package with no out-of-pocket premium cost to the employee, as well a generous paid time-off program and 401(k) company match to eligible employees.
Ricondo & Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.