Ricondo & Associates, Inc. (R&A) is a full-service aviation consulting firm that has a team of more than 150 employees worldwide. Our technical consulting and project management services encompass airport facilities planning, airport master planning, environmental planning, feasibility studies, financial analyses, airfield and airspace analyses, and airport development programs, either on a project basis or as part of on-call consulting services.
R&A is headquartered in Chicago and has 10 additional U.S. offices (Atlanta, Cincinnati, Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Honolulu, Miami, Orlando, Phoenix, Southern California, and Washington, D.C.), as well as two international offices (Abu Dhabi and London).
As we continue to expand our global portfolio and deliver exceptional client services, we are seeking a Managing Consultant with a blend of technical and business expertise to become part of our successful organization. Joining our elite team of aviation consultants provides opportunities for individuals to assist the largest and fastest-growing airports.
The Managing Consultant is responsible for performing advanced forecasting and business planning analyses for airport clients. Role will include supervision, training and direction to subordinate staff.
- Performs project management, prepares scopes of work, and project budgets.
- Develops overall project assignment approach/plan with client/task leader.
- Identifies staff required to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Develops analysis methodology, task techniques and plan with client/task leader.
- Defines problems and coordinates with client/task leader.
- Formulates preliminary conclusions and recommendations on other assignments.
- Reviews and coordinates technical progress of junior team members.
- Develops final report outline and prepares complete reports and deliverables.
- Prepares and participates in client presentations, and technical proposals.
- Provides advice, technical assistance and written recommendations on airport planning studies.
- Participates in development of proposals, marketing/business objectives and strategy, and attends conferences.
- Performs related work as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for aviation consulting, such as finance, accounting, business / quantitative analytics, economics, statistics, business administration or aviation management, mathematics.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with demonstrated increasing responsibility in airport consulting, management consulting or related field.
- Possesses a familiarity with the airline industry or a desire to learn and grow in the aviation industry.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communications skills.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a high-demand, fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel to support R&A’s global project portfolio.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Master’s degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for aviation consulting, such as engineering, aviation management, mathematics, statistics, business administration, or economics.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices, methods, and principles utilized in strategic planning, financial analysis, forecasting, and/or airline revenue analysis..
- Ability to apply advanced professional knowledge of the principles of management, business, marketing and administration in directing, supervising, and coordinating large and complex airport analysis projects.
- Extensive knowledge of analytical techniques and related tools including statistical, spreadsheet, and databases.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with senior executives and staff at client organizations.
- Knowledge of U.S. federal regulations related to airport grant funding and Passenger Facility Charges authority.
We offer an extremely competitive benefits package with no out-of-pocket premium cost to the employee, as well as a generous paid time-off program and 401(k) company match to qualified employees.
Relocation assistance may be provided.
Ricondo & Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.